Monday 14 December 2009

In Desktop Jubilo: an eCard suggestion

Here's an idea. Sending my Christmas cards, I realised I didn't have certain friends' real-world addresses. Armed with their email addresses, I explored the world of eCards ... briefly.

At one end of the market -- the end where the cards are half-decent animations -- you have to pay an annual subscription, which is fine if you actually want to send eCards all year, but I suspect is like the proverbial New Year's resolution gym membership: one visit and you never go again. At the other end is the truly free stuff, so long as you sign your life away in registration detail to the spammers and hackers.

How about a middle way? Get an eCard for free, but download an accompanying mp3 single to send to the recipient -- maybe a way of getting unsigned bands publicity, a single-track podcast with an added eCard attached (perhaps even disguised as a promo video).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails